There are a few quick and easy changes you can make to boost the price of your property with a low-fuss renovation:
- Clean – it’s amazing how a thorough clean increases the appeal of a home.
- Paint inside and out.
- Re-carpet or polish the floorboards.
- Tidy or landscape the garden.
- Change the light fittings, switches and sockets.
- Instead of a new kitchen, simply change the kitchen cupboard doors.
These further renovations are more expensive, but can increase the value of your home significantly:
- Replace the kitchen and bathroom – this is usually the best way of increasing a property’s value.
- Extend out the back or into the roof space.
- Convert the garage into a living space or bedroom.
- Build a carport.
- If you can, subdivide and add another residence or put a granny flat in the back garden – two incomes are always better than one.